We wanted to create a buzz about the start of the project so decided to hold a community event. It is very important to us to gather people ideas and concerns so we decided to hold the event twice once on a Saturday and once after school on a weekday so everyone could have a chance of being able to come along.
The event was made up of a number of activity tables that people could visit and join in with in no particular order. This was a great opportunity to collect peoples ideas, stories and get the word out about our project. The activities that people took part in were -
MAPPING THE TRAIL
- Draw on our maps where you think the trail should lead
- Where should the artworks be placed?
- Tell us or draw what the art installations should be
- Identify any areas of Errol that need some attention
STORY TELLING CORNER
- An opportunity to share your stories
- Tell us all about Errol and your experiences of living here
- Do you know anything about the local industries, heritage, folk law?
- An opportunity to get hands on with this project
- Create your own clay figure to become part of the arts trail
- Vote on how these figures should be displayed
FRIENDS OF ERROL ART TRAIL
- Find out how you can be involved in the project beyond today
- Sign up to receive up dates of how the project is progressing
- Donate some materials to the project
- Get involved in some of the workshops
- Share your knowledge or skills